What is face mapping?
Face Mapping is a revolutionary approach to skin analysis developed by The International Dermal Institute exclusively for Dermalogica.
Using the zones and the Dermalogica Face Map as a guide, the therapist is able to conduct an inch-by-inch, methodical analysis of the facial landscape, guaranteeing that the subsequent professional treatment and home-care prescription will fully address each client’s concerns.
If you would like a more in depth consultation? Give us a call to book in for a one to one Face Mapping consultation, the skin analysis that reviews the 14 zones of your face for expert skin care results.
- Zone 1 & 3 Traditionally, this zone is regarded as the “sister” to the bladder and digestive system. If you breakout frequently in this area, it might mean that you need to improve your elimination by drinking more water and eating more “whole” foods.
- Zone 2 The middle of the forehead, between the eyebrows, is related to the liver. Congestion in this zone can indicate over consumption of alcohol, rich foods, and possibly a food allergy (such as lactose intolerance).
- Zone 4 & 10 The ears are a highly sensitive area related to the kidneys. If you notice that your ears are very hot, you might be stressing them out – drink plenty of plain water and cut down on caffeine and alcohol.
- Zone 5 & 9 The cheeks often give an accurate glimpse into any respiratory distress. Smokers or people suffering from allergies generally experience fine, broken capillaries or congestion in this area.
- Zone 6 & 8 The eyes are truly a window to the body’s health because they’re related to the kidneys. Dark circles , while often hereditary, are made worse by dehydration and poor elimination.
- Zone 7 A reddened nose can indicate heightened blood pressure, or the early stages of rosacea. Congestion around the upper lip can occur if you use comedogenic lipsticks or liners.
- Zone 11 & 13 If you’ve had extensive dental surgery done, you might notice a breakout along the jaw line, near the ears.
- Zone 12 Breakouts or unusual hair growth can indicate hormonal imbalance, possibly caused by extreme stress. Premenstrual breakouts are also very common on the chin.
- Zone 14 Don’t forget to include your neck in your treatment regimen – its skin is just as fragile as that on your face, so it definitely needs the benefits of moistuisation and sun protection
Your skin is what the world sees as you. And, sometimes, it just has a mind of its own!
Learn how to identify and address your individual skin concerns.